About Kathy Glass
As a former teacher and master teacher who holds current teaching certification and a Masters in Education, Kathy Glass now serves as a curriculum and instruction consultant. During her 22 years in education, Kathy has been involved in the following:
- Lesson Design to Foster Deep Understanding of Complex Text (© 2015, ASCD; pre-publication)
- Mapping Comprehensive Units to the ELA Common Core Standards, 6-12 (© 2013, Corwin)
- Mapping Comprehensive Units to the ELA Common Core Standards, K-5 (© 2012, Corwin)
- Parallel Curriculum Professional Workbook (©2009, Corwin Press); co-authored with Cindy Strickland
- Lesson Design for Differentiated Instruction, Grades 4-9 (©2009, Corwin); Foreword by Lynn Erickson
- Curriculum Mapping: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Curriculum Year Overviews (©2007, Corwin); Foreword by Bena Kallick
- Curriculum Design for Writing Instruction and Assessment: Standards-Based Lessons and Rubrics (©2005, Corwin); Foreword by Carol Tomlinson
- Pearson Education K-5 social studies textbook series (© 2013) differentiated instruction consultant
- 6th to 8th grade Humanities Series co-writer/literary consultant (©1995, DC Heath & Co. Publishers)
- Works with lead teachers and administrators to identify target areas needing support. Together she assists them in creating and executing a strategic plan for professional development customized to meet educators' needs.
- Conducts workshops and coaches teachers at various schools and educational settings on a myriad of instruction and curriculum topics; e.g., backward design, six traits of writing, curriculum design and development, differentiated instruction, instructional strategies, curriculum mapping, ELA Common Core, literacy, and more.
- Creates or collaborates with teachers to produce comprehensive standards-based curriculum lessons and units incorporating effective and engaging instructional strategies and differentiation.
- Conducts lesson demonstrations and organizes classroom observations.
Past/Current Clients, Presentations, and Affiliations
A partial list includes:
- San Diego State University Reading/Language Arts Conference Co-Sponsored by IRA (2014)
- IRA Annual Conference (2012, 2013)
- ASCD Annual Conference (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Learning Forward Annual Conference (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Summer Institute for Academic Diversity (Univ. of Virginia, Curry School of Education; 2005-09)
- White Hill Middle School (San Anselmo, CA)
- California Office to Reform Education (CORE Districts)
- Lycée Français de San Francisco (SF Bay Area, CA)
- Sonoma County Office of Education (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)
- Sanger Unified School District (Fresno County, CA)
- Yakutat School District (Yakutat, AK)
- School District 170 (Chicago Heights, IL)
- Roanoke River Valley Education Consortium (North Carolina)
- Pawling Central School District (Pawling, NY)
- Memphis City Schools (Memphis, TN)
See "Professional Development Topics" for a listing of possible areas
of focus for professional improvement.
Copyright ©2006, Kathy Glass Educational
Consulting. All Rights Reserved.